Leave a comment:

• Shikuku
    replied
    Thanks for the quick answer!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Ohlman
    replied
    Hi there,

Scenario 1 - Purchasing a monthly subscription and creating trees for an indie 2 man game, can I sell my games with speedtrees in it (regardless of whether or not they are the base or created by me) ? if so do I need to pay any kind of royalties?
    You may, of course, sell your completed game with SpeedTree models in it. There are no royalties involved.

Scenario 2 - Creating models using speedtree and then selling said models in any other form? say obj format trees for others to use?
    At this time you may not sell any SpeedTree assets that are not part of a finished project. That is, you may not sell or redistribute SpeedTree models, whether you make them or purchase them form our store (or, if using Unity, the Unity Asset Store). That would include selling levels of a game that use SpeedTree models that others can incorporate into their own projects. Additionally, the subscription Modelers do not export to OBJ. You can only save the Models for use in UE4 or Unity, respective of the Modeler of you're using. This policy is currently under review. If you'd like to be notified if and when the policy changes, you can send an email to [email protected] with "Reseller policy change notification" in the subject line and you will be added to our notification list.

Hope this helps,

Regards
    Last edited by Dave Ohlman; 05-11-2015, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shikuku
    started a topic Game License question

Game License question

Been trying to figure out something for the past day and I couldn't find a clear answer as to how this works

Scenario 1 - Purchasing a monthly subscription and creating trees for an indie 2 man game, can I sell my games with speedtrees in it (regardless of whether or not they are the base or created by me) ? if so do I need to pay any kind of royalties?

Scenario 2 - Creating models using speedtree and then selling said models in any other form? say obj format trees for others to use?
    I mean the tool is for tree creation so logically aslong as i pay for the tool it sounds legit for me to sell the outcome of my usage of it

could any1 enlighten me on these subjects?
Working...
X