Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bushes with game resources. Implementation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushes with game resources. Implementation.

Was the question of how to implement the bushes and trees with the resources?

for Unity 5. We create a tree or shrub with meshes resource. And remove or disable it fails.

The work is, but we do not understand, model in other programs and do static meshs, or do in SpeedTree Modeler animation but how?

Russian

Стал вопрос как реализовать кусты и деревья с ресурсами ?

для Unity 5 . Создали дерево или куст с мешами ресурса . А извлеч или выключить его не получается.

Работа стоит, а мы не понимаем , моделить в других программах и делать статические meshs , или делать в SpeedTree Modeler с анимацией но как ?

Hey there,

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you're asking. Perhaps this documentation may help you with what you're attempting to do.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Ohlman View Post
      Hey there,

I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you're asking. Perhaps this documentation may help you with what you're attempting to do.

Regards

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	3023

Or link http://prntscr.com/83i0o6

Fruits gaming resource. Switch on/off object fruits IN Unity.

It may have a function in your shader, which can be called from a script in Unity, to disable or enable the fruit.

Using the 2 meshes to replace the highly visible.
      Last edited by Artem; 08-11-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hi there,

If I'm understanding correctly, you want fruit to disappear from a bush once a player has picked the fruit. You're best bet to achieve this is probably to have two identical bushes, one with fruit and one without. Then when the player picks the fruit from the bush, you switch it out with fruitless bush. You could actually have as many bushes as there are pieces of fruit on the initial tree and as the player continues to pick the fruit you can replace the model with one that has one less piece of fruit and so on. Another option, if the fruit is a separate material, is the ability to pick all the fruit at once by disabling the material. This would require some shader editing, while the former method would merely be a matter of scripting.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X