Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UE4 Trees I really need to know

Hello

From reading the various posts on the subject there seems to be some issue with converting standard model trees to UE4 trees because of polygons that use the same UV space. The solution is apparently to unwrap the UV's which can only be done with versions like Cinema as this feature isn't available in the UE4 subscription.

So can anyone tell me if the trees being sold as UE4 trees in the store have had this treatment done to them.

I can afford the monthly subscription and I can afford to buy trees but I cant afford the $5000 for the cinema version.

I also really need a Hero tree like the Chinese banyan for my game.

Thanks

All of the trees in the UE4 section of our store are drop-in ready for UE4. Everything has been done for you. The trees in the VFX section need, at the least, to be resaved using the UE4-specific Modeler. Their triangle counts are probably a bit high for UE4, and you may run into meshes with overlapping UVs.

> can only be done with versions like Cinema as this feature isn't available in the UE4 subscription

The Cinema version allows you to export meshes, but this is not a requirement to fix this problem, and in fact directly does nothing to alleviate it on its own. The generate mesh (from a material) feature is still available in the UE4 version, and you can always use an external application like Maya to create meshes that work in UE4.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
    X