Export mesh 8.2.1 cinema edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export mesh 8.2.1 cinema edition

Hi, I am testing version 8.2.1 of SpeedTree Modeler Cinema and exporting the mesh does not do it well. I tested it in abc format. and does not export the sheets, in fbx format 3dsmax is blocked and vue does not represent the trunk, in obj format the sheets are not exported, and its documentation is seen and the only thing that I have seen is that there is an export SDK that I do not know if it will for this version. With the previous versions, although they did not export very well but at least they exported everything. I would appreciate an export tutorial.

Hi,

I am not quiet sure what you mean by sheets, by sheets, do you mean the leaves? Did you load the script into the 3d program you are trying to import this mesh in, like Maya or 3DS Max? Also, when selecting the file, it is important to select .stmat file once the script is loaded.

I will log a request for the tutorial, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply, if I refer to the sheets. Where can I download the scrip for 3ds max? in e-on sofware with other versions this did not happen. What can I do to export to VUE?

Comment

Hi,

You can find the 3DS Max script in the program folder inside the 'Scripts' folder. We do not have a import script for Vue. You would have to connect the materials yourself.

Comment

thank you very much I will try and comment

Comment

Hi, I feel the delay in responding. I tried to import the tree in 3ds Max 2018 with the Scrip pointing to the .stmat file and 3ds Max crashes.
            That could be happening?
            Does anyone else have this?
            Thank you

Comment

Hi,

I was unable to replicate this issue. I would suggest updating Max first to see if that works. Also, you can try importing the Alembic file and see if Max doesn't crash.

Let me know if this works.

Comment

Hi
                In format .abc in 3ds max 2018 it implants fast but without sheets and in 3ds max 2019 the same and in .fbx format it is also blocked. The tree that I want to import is that of the first post.
                I send you images.

Comment

Hi,

There may be something happening in the model, would you mind doing a 'Save as with assets' into a new folder, zip that and send it to [email protected]?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi
                    Send the files for analysis

Comment

The reason the leaves are not showing on you tree is because you exported with 'Leaf References' enabled. So when exporting for the modeler, disable the 'Leaf Reference' option in your export settings. Let me know if this works for you!

Comment

Hi,
                        I have the pleasure of communicating that I am proving the latest version of speedtree cinema 8.3.0 and at the moment all export problems have disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                        X