Dark outlines in rendered tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark outlines in rendered tree

Have an issue with dark outlines in a model in Unity. Doesn't seem to be rendering properly.
    LOD is definitely 0 and I've tried rebooting Unity

Any suggestions?Click image for larger version

Name:	darkoutlines.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	3327

Hi Jim,

I opened your tree in both the Modeler and in Unity and I'm not having any of the issues you highlight. Have you tried resaving the trees out of the Modeler and reimporting them into your project in Unity? I am using Unity 5.2.0f3.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Ohlman View Post
      Hi Jim,

I opened your tree in both the Modeler and in Unity and I'm not having any of the issues you highlight. Have you tried resaving the trees out of the Modeler and reimporting them into your project in Unity? I am using Unity 5.2.0f3.

Regards
      It seems the issue has something to do with Unity confusing LOD's between various instances of the same tree model. The only 100% solution I've found was to create a unique instance in the modeller for every tree instance in Unity...not ideal obviously because of memory and performance issues.

Comment

Hey Jim,

For some unknown reason, Unity is rendering your billboard with 3D model. Like you say, Unity appears to be confusing LODs. And you've tried reimporting the trees to no avail?

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X