Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTree, Cinema 4D, Arnold 5

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how to make Speedtree 8, Cinema 4D R19, and Arnold 5 work together to render out a tree.

I don't have the option to export the tree as a cinema 4D file, so I export it as an .fbx

I OPEN the file in Cinema 4D and all the textures come over fine and it renders great with Standard and Physical renderer.

However, when I start up the Arnold IPR, the leaves don't look correct. How do I link up all the materials (Normal, Alpha, Color, Bump, ect) in the Arnold Shader Network so it renders correctly.

Any screen shot of a working Arnold Shader Network in Cinema 4D (nodes and all) would work fine as an explanation.

Thanks!

Hi,

The ST import to Cinema 4D script only handles the standard material connections. You would have to alter the material and it's connections in order for it to work with Arnold. I will log this as something for our team to look into.

Sorry that I don't have better news.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I figured Cinema 4D, Speedtree and Arnold 5 had not been integrated as well as Arnold 5 and Maya have. Still a bit surprised this hasn't happen yet with the popularity of Cinema 4D.

If anyone has a screen shot of a working Arnold Shader Network in Cinema 4D with speed tree materials (nodes and all) that would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to figure out where all the bump, normal, opacity, and other .png files connect and feed into the beauty pass.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X