Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparent Background + Ground Shadows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent Background + Ground Shadows?

Hello,

Is it possible to save an Image Sequence with ground shadows, but without the ground (transparent background)?

I currently save the sequence with Alpha: Material/Opacity (perhaps here is where I'm making a mistake, or the transparency options in the tree window properties), and using only the Shadows option, or Shadows + Ground each image seems to show only the tree. Rendering a video from those sequences however show either a solid background or the default background color + shadows in the second case, even though the image sequence didn't show either. In a browser like Chrome, they both disappear leaving only the tree anyway; in Firefox the backgrounds still show.. Though that may be a problem with their alpha support, I'd still like to know if it's possible to have only the ground shadows without the actual ground as well in the Image Sequence.

Thanks!

Hi Nick,

I would suggest exporting the sequence two times with these settings.
    1. Export with Standard and Material / Opacity - with the ground and shadows turned off.
    2. Export with the Lighting / Shadows - with the shadows and ground turned on

Then you can take them into Photoshop or a compositing program and multiply the Shadows pass version to the Standard/Opacity version. You will have to adjust the Shadows pass opacity as well.

Here are 2 screenshots of the settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	export2.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	5631Click image for larger version

Name:	export1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	5632

Hope this helps!

Comment