Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating realistic vines in speedtree modeller

Hi All!

I am trying to create some vines with leaves on buildings using speedtree modeler 7.1.1, I will be bringing the meshes of buildings from maya and then dress them up with vines.

Something like in the video below (skip to 6.32 in the timeline)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ7oKEI9M2s

I cannot seem to find the (vines) generator, has it been removed or called something else now? Would be great to get some help or workflow on creating realistic vines on buildings.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you.

Hi,

There is no actual vine generator. You can just use a regular 'Trunk' generator to make the vines, and control the amount and placement with the generator controls. Below, I wish write out the basic workflow to achieving the vines around mesh.

1. Import mesh.
    2. You can drag and drop the mesh into the scene, enable 'Include in Model', set 'Force Action' to 'Attract' and 'Collide' action to 'Obstruct' and apply the material for the mesh.
    3. You will then need to click the 'Trunk' generator, enable the name of the mesh under the 'Forces' group.
    4. From that point on, it is the artists choice. You can add a 'Direction' force to help with the placement. Increase the values of both the mesh force and direction force. Use the blue and green curves for exact control of the placement, etc.

Let me know if this helps you set it up.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply Sonia. It was helpful, i did try it out but for this instance we are going to use another software for growing vines, all the hero vegitation stuff will be done is speedtree.

cheers.

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      Hi,

There is no actual vine generator. You can just use a regular 'Trunk' generator to make the vines, and control the amount and placement with the generator controls. Below, I wish write out the basic workflow to achieving the vines around mesh.

1. Import mesh.
      2. You can drag and drop the mesh into the scene, enable 'Include in Model', set 'Force Action' to 'Attract' and 'Collide' action to 'Obstruct' and apply the material for the mesh.
      3. You will then need to click the 'Trunk' generator, enable the name of the mesh under the 'Forces' group.
      4. From that point on, it is the artists choice. You can add a 'Direction' force to help with the placement. Increase the values of both the mesh force and direction force. Use the blue and green curves for exact control of the placement, etc.

Let me know if this helps you set it up.

Comment

Working...
      X