Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpolson
    replied
    BTW, the materials in Hypershade are Redshift materials. I apply them to any geometry, they render fine.

Leave a comment:

• tpolson
    replied
    I am doing all of that. I have the latest versions of all software.
    When I load, there are no errors. When I move to another frame I get this error:

// Warning: normal vector scope does not match size of data, skipping normals //
    // Warning: UV set sample size is: 2518755 expecting: 749291 or 2518506 //
    // Warning: Color sample size is: 2518755 expecting: 749291 or 2518506 //

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Hi,

I test the importation of a STmodel using the script and rendering it in Redshift. When importing the .stmat for the Redshift renderer, did you select 'File of Type' -> 'SpeedTree for Redshift' and then select the .stmat file? Also make sure you have the recent Redshift plugin and that the renderer in Maya is set to Redshift.

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Hi,

We will look into this. Let us know if you are getting any errors would help us problem solve.
    Last edited by SoniaPiasecki; 01-07-2019, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tpolson
    replied
    I assumed the speedtree redshift import would assign redshift shaders. It doesn't do that?

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    The standard materials will not work in Redshift. You would have to alter the materials to get it to work. Are you getting any errors?

Leave a comment:

• tpolson
    replied
    Thanks. But that is what I am doing. Everything imports, but no textures maps apply to the geometry. Actually I am using speedtree redshift and the geometry renders solid red.

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Hi,

When importing the Alembic file, make sure to load the ST plugin and the go to File -> Import -> set the 'File of type' to 'SpeedTree' and then select the .stmat file. You will notice that the mesh, animation and textures will be imported and set up.

Let me know if this helps!

Leave a comment:

• tpolson
    started a topic Noob help - Alembic export with grow and UV maps

Noob help - Alembic export with grow and UV maps

I have an alembic cache of a grow exported with materials. When I import to Maya using the Speedtree plugin, geometry and materials import, but it appears there are no UVs so geometry is not textured. Couldn't find anything in the manuals.
    Any help appreciated.
Working...
X