Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing PBR materials for leaves(clusters or branches with leaves)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing PBR materials for leaves(clusters or branches with leaves)

Hello, I'm currently using speedtree 8 for UE4 and I want PBR branches with leaves textures(I think they are called leave clusters from the files that I could find that come with default trees included with the subscription) so I can use them as a leaf mesh but I do not know how to get them.

I was reading some documents but I'm really lost on how to make them,also I would like some variety when it comes to the leaves and I'm willing to pay for them but I don't want to buy a Pine tree for $15 from the speed tree store when I only need the leaves.

I'm new to this and I have been working on how to make trees and got some really really good results after many hours of using speed-tree and many hours of watching tutorials(I have re watched some many times) I just need more leave clusters.

Hi,

We include some on the leaf textures in the sample models, however, we don't sell the textures individually. Unfortunately, you would either have to purchase a version of the tree with the leaves you want, buy the textures from some other site, or make them yourself. Then you can use these leaves and the bark texture to make the Leaf Clusters needed.

Sorry that I don't have better news.

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      Hi,

We include some on the leaf textures in the sample models, however, we don't sell the textures individually. Unfortunately, you would either have to purchase a version of the tree with the leaves you want, buy the textures from some other site, or make them yourself. Then you can use these leaves and the bark texture to make the Leaf Clusters needed.

Sorry that I don't have better news.
      Hello there, yeah I have seen your tutorials lol, like all of them, I known how to make like a material for just a leaf but the tutorial on how to make a cluster was not clear enough, you got any inputs?
      The one for leaf mapping I think was just not clear enough, can I use that cluster that I think I need to make on the 7. something on the 8. version or not?

Also I would like to know if this kind of Atlas will work on speedtree :

https://www.textures.com/download/3datlas0191/132912
      Last edited by zyos11@hotmail.com; 01-07-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

The making of the leaf cluster is the same in v8, except that v8 uses PBR materials. Once you have your textures, you create a Material with the textures loaded, use the Mesh cut-out editor to make your mesh for the leaf material, make sure it is assigned to the Material and assign it in the Leaf generator. You would then do to 'Export Material' and export you cluster out, which will make PBR materials of the cluster you made.

Here is a link to our v8 Clusters documentation page: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...?id=atclusters
        Documentation page about the Leaf Cutout editor: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...lcutout_editor

Comment

Working...
        X