All leaves look pale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All leaves look pale

So I have been using custom materials and I have an issue, leaves look extremely pale when looking from a distance and they look even worse(really pale) when I export the tree to UE4, here are the mats that Im using.

https://ufile.io/nvf7k Diffuse
    https://ufile.io/c1vbf Normal
    https://ufile.io/nqj0l Gloss

I have to create the opacity on photoshop in my own but that is pretty much straightforward and easy to do, Im at work right now so I dont have that file with me.

Can someone help me find the problem and tell me what it is? I know that is with the materials but I do not know what Im doing wrong or how to correct the issue.

Disclaimer: I purchased those materials from a website and they were not created nor they belong to me so please do not use them for your own purposes unless you get them from Poliigon.com

Hi,

Would you mind sending a screenshot of how the Materials look inside the modeler on a mesh and a screen shot of the same material on mesh inside UE4?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      Hi,

Would you mind sending a screenshot of how the Materials look inside the modeler on a mesh and a screen shot of the same material on mesh inside UE4?

Thanks!
      Yeah not a problem I will send you the info in a couple of hours as soon as I get home, also I will send you or show you the opacity file that is missing that I created.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks!
        Ok here it is: Click image for larger version

Name:	pineleafbad - Copy.png
Views:	90
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	5793Click image for larger version

Name:	pineleafbadmats - Copy.png
Views:	105
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	5790Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4 test - Copy.png
Views:	67
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	5794
        Bear in mind that no matter how much I change the alpha on speedtree(like if a make it super green and bright) it still looks the same the color looks like dead or something in UE4 almost green/grey also the color will fade away in speedtree if I get away from the tree.

Oh and the leaves are not meant to be used on that tree is just for testing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The Alpha is just the Opacity cut out, it wouldn't affect the color that way. I would first suggest looking at the Gloss slot in the Material. If you loaded the Gloss map that you posted earlier, just increase the value to a large number, like 0.7. It could be what is contributing to the washed out dull look. Once you do that, go to the tool bar about the viewport, click the 'Render' push button and switch to 'Albedo check' mode. If you have any red hues on your material then it is too bright, so select the leaf material Color slot and reduce the 'Max' slider till it is grayish like the rest.

Let me know if this helps!

Comment

Hi,

The Alpha is just the Opacity cut out, it wouldn't affect the color that way. I would first suggest looking at the Gloss slot in the Material. If you loaded the Gloss map that you posted earlier, just increase the value to a large number, like 0.7. It could be what is contributing to the washed out dull look. Once you do that, go to the tool bar about the viewport, click the 'Render' push button and switch to 'Albedo check' mode. If you have any red hues on your material then it is too bright, so select the leaf material Color slot and reduce the 'Max' slider till it is grayish like the rest.

Let me know if this helps!
            Yeah after player around with those settings I managed to make it work, thanks lol, now I know how to play around with values, here is my original tree if you want to give any advise on my leaves placement or something.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	treefinal.png
Views:	110
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	5797

Comment

Working...
            X