Speedtree Not Responding when Exporting; Low CPU Use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree Not Responding when Exporting; Low CPU Use

I've used Speedtree earlier, and everything worked fine. I exported a static (no wind) Broadleaf, and also a Broadleaf with wind, but with Low resolution.

Now, after restarting Speedtree, I tried exporting a High Res Broadleaf that's static. Here's where the problem is: Speedtree only shows 9-10% CPU usage, and says Not responding while the export. I've tried about 5 times now. The most the export bar has gotten was to 90%. It seems to keep freezing for some reason, and I don't know why.
    I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The same issue appears. I've tried with all resolutions, and smaller scales.

Computer Specs:
    i7-8700K
    32GB 2400mhz RAM
    GTX 1070 8GB
    1TB SSD
    Last edited by Firefly667; 01-10-2019, 12:36 PM.

Hello, Can you tell us what version of the modeler you're running? Can you clip an image of your export settings?

Comment

Originally posted by SarahScruggs View Post
      Hello, Can you tell us what version of the modeler you're running? Can you clip an image of your export settings?
      Speedtree 8.2.1
      Just after pressing export, CPU usage for Speedtree goes up to about 68%, then drops down to 10%. I've waited for more than 14 minutes and it still says not responding. If I remember right, when I did my first successful export, my CPU reached up to 98% until the export had completed, which had taken 1-2 minutes.
      The below link doesn't have the best quality, but just shows you what I mean.
      https://streamable.com/3iafx
      Last edited by Firefly667; 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hello, The video link wasn't working for me but a couple of things might help here!
        First, see if you can grab the most recent build of the modeler 8.4- often a bug fix might find it's way in there that could resolve the issue.
        Secondly, when you export, make sure to not click in the modeler or tree window. We've seen in the past where this holds up some computers.
        Thirdly, if you can get a screenshot of the export settings and the tree size we might have more information.

Comment

Working...
        X