• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karruda
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
    Hello,

Alembic has two back-end formats it can use: HDF5 and Ogawa. HDF5 is the older format, and it works fine. Ogawa is the newer one that is faster in most cases. However, the version we're using in the Modeler has a bug on Windows with really large files. So if you're exporting something >2GB, switch to HDF5. We'll be updating Alembic in the near future so that won't be the case anymore.

When you enable leaf references, no leaf geometry is exported. Instead, you get transform information for each leaf so you can set up some sort of instancing in the app to which you're importing. The transforms option means there is an actual object oriented at each leaf position. With many leaves, this could be slow, but it should be relatively easy to place meshes on them in many apps. The particles option instead only exports one object with all of the transform data stored in attributes. This can be much faster, but you may have trouble getting all the data out of there unless you're using an app like Houdini.

Hope this helps
    Yes, really helpful. Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Greg Croft
    replied
    Hello,

Alembic has two back-end formats it can use: HDF5 and Ogawa. HDF5 is the older format, and it works fine. Ogawa is the newer one that is faster in most cases. However, the version we're using in the Modeler has a bug on Windows with really large files. So if you're exporting something >2GB, switch to HDF5. We'll be updating Alembic in the near future so that won't be the case anymore.

When you enable leaf references, no leaf geometry is exported. Instead, you get transform information for each leaf so you can set up some sort of instancing in the app to which you're importing. The transforms option means there is an actual object oriented at each leaf position. With many leaves, this could be slow, but it should be relatively easy to place meshes on them in many apps. The particles option instead only exports one object with all of the transform data stored in attributes. This can be much faster, but you may have trouble getting all the data out of there unless you're using an app like Houdini.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• karruda
    replied
    Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
    Hi,

I tested the export and importation of animated growth and it came in fine. In the modeler, do you have enough frames for the growth, so it is completed? You can either increase the frame number or the growth scale in the Modeler's 'Timeline'. Also, make sure you are exporting that amount of frames.

Let me know if this solves your issue!
    Hi, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for my late.

There is no problem with your animation input and output, and your method can really solve the problem without leaves. I would also like to ask about what the impact of the output format abc's HDF5 and Ogawa on the output animation is, and what the two options of this Leaf references do.
    This is the screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jt...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!

Have a nice day!

Leave a comment:

• SoniaPiasecki
    replied
    Hi,

I tested the export and importation of animated growth and it came in fine. In the modeler, do you have enough frames for the growth, so it is completed? You can either increase the frame number or the growth scale in the Modeler's 'Timeline'. Also, make sure you are exporting that amount of frames.

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Leave a comment:

• karruda
    started a topic Problem of Tree Growing without Leaves.

Problem of Tree Growing without Leaves.

Hi, guys,

I want to make a tree that grows into a big tree from nothing. However, when the abc file exported from the parameters set as picture 1 shown is imported into the 3D software Clarisse, the tree that grows up has only the trunk but no leaves.

Picture 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Smq...ew?usp=sharing

When the export settings are as picture 2 shown,

Importing the exported model into 3D software, the model is no problem, but only one material selection works.

Picture 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZK...ew?usp=sharing

Is there any way to solve this problem in SpeedTree?
    Thank you very much!
Working...
X