X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST8 Unity modeler crash - combine all open models into the same atlas

*edit apologies this should be in the bug reports forum

Hi,
    I tried combining atlases for a couple of trees I had open and it crashes every time with no error message, whether they're my own trees or included example trees.

To replicate:
    - Using Speed Tree Modeler 8.3.0 Unity Subscription Edition
    - Open any 2 trees
    - Export to Unity
    - Check "combine all open models into the same atlas"
    - Crashes

Cheers,
    Jay

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I managed to get it to crash as well. At this time I'm not sure what the best workaround is.

We'll definitely be looking into that one and perhaps get a point release out with the minor fixes we find in 8.3.0 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the report. I managed to get it to crash as well. At this time I'm not sure what the best workaround is.

We'll definitely be looking into that one and perhaps get a point release out with the minor fixes we find in 8.3.0 soon.
      its been 4 months now and this is still happening to me. Its really bad when you have several different variation models that populate a forest, each running a seperate atlas and material when you could just have them all share the same.

Comment

I'm having the same problem - just came here to report it.

Any update on a fix? I'm needing this functionality to combine the atlases for tree variations. It's a big savings, help us out here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SpeedtreeModelerError.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	6765

Comment

Hi,

The combined atlasing bug has been fixed and will be included in the next build release, sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
          X