SpeedTree 8 for Unity free export only mode version not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTree 8 for Unity free export only mode version not available

"Log in with a free SpeedTree Store account to export the new SpeedTree samples models to Unity 2018.3; Export-only mode replaces our drop-in ready models on the SpeedTree store with a more flexible approach to bringing SpeedTrees to Unity."

https://store.speedtree.com/unity

Where is that version available? There's no link on your site, only one with a paid subscription.

Also a comment on the current tree sale: When it lasts only until Friday it's really hard to decide about whether to buy anything at all without even having had the chance to test the modeler itself within 2 days.

Thank you very much for the help!
    Last edited by Rowlan; 01-23-2019, 12:25 AM.

I've noticed that Speedtree 7 seems to be the main default link for Unity subscription...

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. There are an issue on the store and that has now been fixed.

Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
        Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. There are an issue on the store and that has now been fixed.

Thanks for letting us know!
        Do you have a direct link? I still can't download or see the free version for testing. All I get is the subscription version.

Comment

Hi,

We do not offer eval for the Subscription based modelers. However, you can Subscribe for a month to test it and cancel the subscription so it doesn't charge for the next month. The Subscription is $19 a month.

Comment

Then what is the point of this: "Log in with a free SpeedTree Store account to export the new SpeedTree samples models to Unity 2018.3; Export-only mode replaces our drop-in ready models on the SpeedTree store with a more flexible approach to bringing SpeedTrees to Unity."?

Or to be precise, the word "free".

There aren't even free tree models to test on the store.
            Last edited by Rowlan; 01-23-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

"The SpeedTree 8 for Unity is now available to anyone with a SpeedTree for Unity Subscription.

A free export-only option is available to everyone."

It seems clear here too that everyone is supposed to be able to use the free export-only option.

Also, I am a previous subscriber but can't find a download to update from version 7 to 8.

Comment

Hi,

You can download the ST modeler For Unity v8.3 either on this site I am pasting below or, if you already have a Subscription for ST modeler for Unity v7, go to the store and download the newer version.

https://store.speedtree.com/unity/
                Here is the download link: store.speedtree.com/downloads/SpeedTree_for_Unity_Subscription_v8.3.0_Windows.ex e

As for the models, there are sample models included with the modeler. For those who haven't subscribed yet, you can open the Modeler in 'Export Only Mode', open those samples and export them inorder to bring them into Unity.

Comment

Thanks the "Download Now" button is now working for me.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Thank you for The information sharing.

Comment

Working...
                      X