.SPM file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .SPM file

I purchest a .spm file today but when I try to load it I get errors saying. is there a file this must be placed in?

> [ALERT] File [C:/Program Files (x86)/SpeedTree/SpeedTree Applications for HeroEngine v6.2.2/Samples/Unity_2015_October/Hero_Chinese_Banyan/ChineseBanyan_Hero_1.spm] is invalid or corrupt.
    Last edited by rammstine911; 11-04-2015, 02:24 PM.

Basical, i down loaded from speed tree, try to load with in the modler and i get the error.

Comment

Hi,

You cannot use models designed for use in Unity with any version of SpeedTree but the SpeedTree for Unity Subscription Modeler.

Regards

Comment

Ok, so i use heroengin, no matter what tree is purchest i cant edit them with speed tree modler? Which means i shouldnt buy trees, because i will not beable to edit them.
        Last edited by rammstine911; 11-05-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Hey there,

You've got a few options. One, you can start from scratch and design your own trees. Two, you can open one of the sample trees that come provided with Modeler and modify it. If you choose the first option, you can use the textures provided with the sample trees for your own trees. And, third, you can purchase v6 VFX trees from our store and save them out of SpeedTree for Hero Engine for use in your project. Our v7 trees, which includes both the UE4 and Unity trees, will not work with SpeedTree for Hero Engine and should not be purchased for that purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Comment

Yeah, that explains it. Thanks. One last thing. If i buy v6 packs i can open them in ST and edit or even randomize the tree?

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Working...
              X