Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOD0 Mesh error when imported into Unity

Hi all,

First time posting here as I usually try and find an answer myself on the interwebs. Unfortunately I can't find a solution for a problem I'm currently experiencing (that or I'm not describing the search terms well enough).

I've created a tree model inside of SpeedTree. It has 3 LODs and looks how it should from within the program:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SpeedTree_01.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	6053

I then export the model to Unity with the following export options:

Name:	SpeedTree_02.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	6054

In Unity I drag and drop the tree from the project window into the level and I get this problem on LOD0:

Name:	SpeedTree_03.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	6055

LODs 1 and 2 are fine and reflect what it looks like in the SpeedTree but I can't work out why the LOD0 is coming out so funky. It looks like the vertex ID has been corrupted at some point as the mesh stretches in odd ways.

Name:	SpeedTree_04.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	6056

Name:	SpeedTree_05.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	6057

Name:	SpeedTree_06.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	6058

This is the first time it's happened but isn't the first time I have exported/imported a SpeedTree model (I did three a few days ago with no problems).

Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

Seems like the export failed somehow, have you tried re-exporting the model from modeler and re-importing it into Unity? This should fix it.

Let me know if this helps!

Comment

Hello,

Yep, I've tried re-exporting it with the same filename, a different filename, randomised the settings and exported that. All paths lead to the same outcome. I moved onto a bush and now some grass since and these are exporting fine. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary on the tree which is why the error is weird.

Comment

Hi,

Would you mind send me the tree? Just do a 'Save as with Assets' into a new folder, zip it and send it to [email protected]

Thanks!

Comment

I've just sent it over. Thanks for helping!

Comment

Did you manage to fix this issue? Looks like the same problem I am having right now

Comment

Yes!

Sorry I should have posted the solution before. My highest tree LOD was over 50K polygons. Reducing this to be under 50K fixed the issue.

Comment

Awesome thank you! Must have missed this in the documentation.

Comment

Working...
                X