Unique Meshes and Atlasing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Meshes and Atlasing

When exporting from SpeedTree v8.3.0 I cannot find an option to exclude unique meshes from being atlased with leaf cards.

I've tried using both the new and legacy exporter in the modeler. I have a handful of photogrammetry trunks which I'm using to make variants of the same tree type. The trunks have been uniquely unwrapped and each has a separate texture sheet. I want the trunks' textures to remain unique and un-atlased, but I want the trees as a whole to reference the same leaf card atlas across the variants. The multiple leaf cards each reference small, separate leaf texture sheets and still need to be atlased together. If I choose "none" under atlas, it preserves my trunk texture, but spits out separate leaf cards. This seems like something I used to be able to do with the old compiler (with "Force Atlas" or "Force Copy.")

Is there a way to force the atlasing of certain assets and preserve the unique texture space others?

Hello,

The entire exporting/unwrapping system, as well as materials themselves, were overhauled in v8, which is why that option currently doesn't exist.

However, I already have logged to add something like this into the new materials, so in the near future you should be able to do this.

Comment

That's great to hear, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X