Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the cheapest, fastest way to build a corn talk plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the cheapest, fastest way to build a corn talk plant?

Hi to everybody in the forums. I'm about to purchase a subscription of the Unity version of the modeller, but first I have some newbie questions that I would like to get an answer for. I plan to build some farm and desert scenes so I will be needing some corn plants and some cactus plants. My questions are: 1) will I be able to model those out of the box? 2) do I need to purchase the actual trees separately to be able to model them? 3) will I be able to model new tree types not included in the store? 4) how will I be able to model the trees, in the case that the answer to question #3 is yes? Thanks in advance for your answers and have a nice day!
    Last edited by BigLouis1971; 03-07-2016, 01:21 PM.

Hey there,

1) will I be able to model those out of the box?
    Sure. To get the look that you want with some flowering or fruiting plants, you may need to include some meshes not created with SpeedTree. For instance, the corn stalk that we have for sale on our store has a mesh for the ear of corn that was made using a third party application.

2) do I need to purchase the actual trees separately to be able to model them?
    No. You can model your own trees without purchasing any trees. To get you started, the subscription Modeler comes with some sample trees, the materials of which you may use to create your own trees. Additionally, the subscription entitles you to free monthly bonus content, which you can use the same way as the sample trees.

3) will I be able to model new tree types not included in the store?
    Yes, absolutely.

4) how will I be able to model the trees, in the case that the answer to question #3 is yes?
    This will ultimately be up to your artistic vision. Our online documentation is a good place to start learning the ins and outs of modeling with SpeedTree.

Regards

Comment

Thanks. Your modeller is pretty awesome. I'm all excited about developing this game. I'm a noob and for sure I'll be facing some obstacles, but I'm sure that support will help me to get back on track. Thanks for such awesome service!

Comment

Working...
      X