Fronds do not bend properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fronds do not bend properly

Hello! I'm following the tutorial and the tutor applies a direction force in order to bend the fonds to the ground while mine bend like this. why?

Hello, You'll need to add gravity or a directional force to the branch generator that the frond is sitting on. It looks like you are making an edit to the frond mesh itself.

Comment

in this case they both bend together and even when I apply the texture it doesn't look right

Comment

i'm following the pluralsight tutorial step by step

Comment

the interesting fact is that if i do exactly what he says in the 7th version of the speedtree, everything works fine. but not in the 8th one...

Comment

Hi,

The v8 SpeedTree Modeler went through a mass revamp. We change how we did a lot of things in this version. The general concepts in the v7 videos are still applicable, however, the way many of the things work isn't the same. I would recommend looking at the v8 tutorials and the v8 documentation. The reason you frond has those bends in them is because you have a 'Noise' applied of the branches. If you go to the Branch Generator -> 'Spine' group, there is a 'Noise' sub-group. Just set those properties to 0.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
            X