Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnecessary loops

Good evening,
    I faced the problem that I can't remove polygons in the beggining of the roots and bunhces. I do not need these loops in my game, and that adds additiona; weight to the model. How can I wipe them out?

Hi,

The loops connected the branch/roots to the parent are cause by 'Welding'. If you go to 'Skin' -> 'Welding', you can just disable the 'Welding' checkbox. However, with roots, I would advice not is turn welding off because you want to have the seams blended between the root geometry and the trunk. You can also decrease the amount of Welding Segments the generator has by going to that generators -> 'Segment' group and decreasing the 'Welding Scalar' value to something like '0.1' or '0.25'.

Here is a link to the 'Branches' documentation page, just scroll down to the 'Segments' and 'Skin' -> 'Welding' sections to get a description of what those properties do: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...anch_generator

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
      Hi,

The loops connected the branch/roots to the parent are cause by 'Welding'. If you go to 'Skin' -> 'Welding', you can just disable the 'Welding' checkbox. However, with roots, I would advice not is turn welding off because you want to have the seams blended between the root geometry and the trunk. You can also decrease the amount of Welding Segments the generator has by going to that generators -> 'Segment' group and decreasing the 'Welding Scalar' value to something like '0.1' or '0.25'.

Here is a link to the 'Branches' documentation page, just scroll down to the 'Segments' and 'Skin' -> 'Welding' sections to get a description of what those properties do: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...anch_generator

Hope this helps!
      Thank you for help.

Comment

Working...
      X