Subsurface Texture and Beginner Struggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

For the tree that is acting strange, would you mind doing a 'Save as with assets' into a new folder, zipping that folder and e-mailing it to [email protected]?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Panther, I just wanted to follow up to see if you had sent the artifacted tree. On your mesh created in maya, have you sealed the mesh, often if it's a hollow object, if there is a open place in the mesh where the vertices are slightly off it could create render issues in the texture. I can't say without looking but we'd be happy to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahScruggs View Post
        Hi Panther, I just wanted to follow up to see if you had sent the artifacted tree. On your mesh created in maya, have you sealed the mesh, often if it's a hollow object, if there is a open place in the mesh where the vertices are slightly off it could create render issues in the texture. I can't say without looking but we'd be happy to take a look.
        Hi,
        thanks for asking.
        I completely forgot to write back.
        Your colleague Sonia wrote me a mail and this problem occurs when a certain triangle count is reached (I think it was 65.000 tris) and that you are working with Unity to solve this.
        As long as you stay below this triangle count no artifacts are occurring.

Comment

Hi Panther, thanks for posting so others can follow along too!

Comment

Working...
          X