Leaf card Angles - Hanging Moss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf card Angles - Hanging Moss

Hi, I have been trying to get some leaf cards to generate in specific directions to act as hanging moss off of my branches.

To initially generate with their pivot facing outwards from the underside of my branches, preferably with the hole of the top set of vertices of the leaf cards being welded to the branch, so long as the leaf cards are pointing more or less in the correct direction I should then be able to use a gravity modifier to help the curve.

This is what I currently have for the hanging moss with all the other leaf cards hidden:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Trees.png Views:	1 Size:	641.9 KB ID:	6820Click image for larger version  Name:	Trees2.png Views:	1 Size:	469.0 KB ID:	6821

This is more or less what I am looking for:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Trees3.png Views:	1 Size:	291.8 KB ID:	6824

Hi,

You could try using a Frond generator that follows the parent/branch spine. You can try making a mesh where the pivot is set to the right hand edge of the moss mesh. Then you would assign the material/mesh to the Frond generator, disable 'Flip', set the 'Roll' property to -.5 and the blue curve to 'Max'. This will point the mesh down and follow the shape of the branch spine.

I am attaching a few screenshots that illustrates this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Frond_Moss_mesh.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	6828Click image for larger version

Name:	Frond_Moss.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	6829Click image for larger version

Name:	Frond_Moss_Properties.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	18.8 KB