Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlassing multiple trees? (SpeedTree Unity)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlassing multiple trees? (SpeedTree Unity)

Hello,

I've been working in Speedtree to develop trees for a game and am trying to find documentation that shows me how to atlas multiple tree's textures together for the Unity subscription Edition (I have Speedtree Modeler 8.3.0). My co-worker says he got a demo of this at GDC 2018, and believes it is supposed to be possible in the version I'm working in. Can I get clarification on how to find this documentation, or if this is possible with what I'm currently working in?

To clarify, I do know how to atlas for 1-draw call trees in my current versions. I would like to know if multiple trees can be atlas'd to one draw call.

- Erin M.

Hi Erin,

In v8.3 there was an issue with combining multiple trees in one atlas. However, this has been fixed and will be included in the next release. As for how to export multiple trees into one atlas, you open the trees you wish to combine, go to 'File' -> 'Export to Unity 3d' and in the Export Settings at the top there will be a 'Combine all open models into the same atlas' checkbox.

Feel free to email support@speedtree.com for any further questions.

Comment

Thanks Sonia,

I really appreciate the quick responses! Is there an estimated timeline for when the next update will be out?

-Erin

Comment

Hi Erin,

We have just release our newest build, v8.4. You can get this build by logging into your store account.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by SoniaPiasecki View Post
          Hi Erin,

We have just release our newest build, v8.4. You can get this build by logging into your store account.

Hope this helps!
          do i need to download it manually somehow? i open "Speedtree for Unity 8.3.0" and log in to it but i dont get any update prompts or anything. I cant find any option to download 8.4 on the store page either.
          https://store.speedtree.com/unity the "Download (WINDOWS)" button just gives me speedtree for unity 8.3 as well. And i still get the crash

Comment

Hi,

You need to login to your store account to access it. You should see it there in your download options.

Comment

Working...
            X