Growth motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth motion blur

Hello. I'm using speedtree to create growth animation. I export the file as an alembic with "include velocity" on. When I import my alembic into Maya I do not have motion blur. I don't know what the proper steps are to get the render to show motion blur. I know how turn on motion blur in my render settings. This has to do with how I'm dealing with the alembic itself. I've looked at the documentation and I've googled it, but I'm stuck. I am hoping someone here can help me on this. Thanks for reading my post
    Last edited by Moopa; 05-23-2019, 09:46 PM.

Hi,

I will test this to make sure it's working, however, would you mind telling me which renderer you are using?

Comment

After some testing, it is indeed working. You just have to enable the 'Motion Blur' option in the render settings for the renderer you are using.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you for replying. I've tested it with Arnold and Vray. It does not work at all. I'm using version 8.3.0 cinema edition. When I render it with Vray, there are moments where there appears to be motion blur, that's when the poly count or topology remains unchanged. But since it's a growing vine, the topology changes and it doesn't blur when it it's those frames, which is most of it. I have motion blur enabled for both renderers. When I import the alembic into Maya, I do not know how to find the velocity information. It appears there may not be one?

Perhaps you could explain the export and importing steps to me? What renderer you are using? The results I get are inconsistent between Arnold and Maya. I cannot find the Motion Vector Color Set in Maya and I do not know how to locate it.
        Last edited by Moopa; 05-24-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Hi,

To find where the data is loaded, select the mesh in Maya, in the 'Attribute Editor' go to the 'Arnold' group and you will see the 'Motion Vector Source' property with a 'VelocityPV' loaded. You should see a motion blur when you enable it in the Render settings.

As for V-Ray, I suggest you look at this page. It will help you get it working.
          https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...rayRE_Velocity

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
          X