Mesh issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh issue

I am trying to add some flowers on the end of twigs, but unfortunately mesh of the flower is not aligned to the twig. can somebody help me to fix that...

Hi,

You can change the mesh orientation in the SpeedTree modeler's 'Meshes' tab. In the 'Meshes' tab, there is a 'Transform' group with 'Orient' and 'Flip' properties.

Here is the Meshes bar documentation page, it should help explain the properties: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...=toolmeshesbar

Let me know if this helps!

Comment

Hi,

thanks a lot for this great information and it helped me in my work, but not am stuck at different point. I want to make ivy on wall but am not getting random variation along with my style of direction. can you help me in this also ?

Comment

Hi,

Do you mind explaining more what you mean by random variation? Are you trying to get some to grow in one direction and some in the other direction?

For a more precise control on the Ivy growth, I would suggest creating zones with the Trunk generator growing from these zones. This way, you can move specific zones/ivy around to specific areas and control the look to that specific group of ivy. A lot of the look/growth will be controlled by the combination of forces, like Direction and Magnet. You can then add small variances to these forces by clicking on the +/- icon next to the force and entering a value like .10. This will offset that particular property up or down the variance value you entered.

Comment

Hi,

I'll try the thing that you have suggested and for your reference i have attached the screenshot from one of your video. I want something like this but i want right portion of this bush is lean downward while length is more.
          I hope that will clear my point.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I would suggest using the 'Spine' -> 'Start Angle' blue curve to control how much the branches are pushed out. After that, lower the right hand point of the blue curve, this will push the branches on the outskirt out and leave the inside ones pointing up. Then you can change the 'Spine' -> 'Gravity' value to something like .15 or .2 and set it's blue curve set to 'Exp Decay'. This will get that nice U shape like you see in the picture you posted.

Comment

Hi Sonia,
              Thanks a lot for this help and it really worked out for me that am testing for the organisation. I need to test few more things and once its eveluated then will finalize.
              I was wondering if there is any way to add force on leaves.
              and is there any portal where i can found all the tutorial.?

Comment

Hi,

Here is a link to our YouTube tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AA8FD10C800614

And here is a link to our documentation pages: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/doku.php

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi,

I have already gone through with your youtube page but there no such complete tutorial, but anyway ill research on this tool and i hope will get some positive result as per our art director requirement.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to make some succulents, and the shape am looking for is not able to draw with graph but when am converting it to hand drawn so many of things in the property section is not working. can you please suggest me some tips for this problem.??

Comment

Hi,

This all really depends on the succulent you are trying to make. In some cases branches with squash applied to them and radius curve set is enough, in others, it may be better to just use a texture and a mesh-cut out. What are you trying to model?

Comment

Hi,
                        I think am almost done with the thing that i wanted to make and am just wondering when you said squash the branch so will that make any effect on frond ?

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The Branch generator's 'Squash' property actually flattens the branch out. A good example demonstrating this is our Aloe Vera model. I am posting a link to our store page with images of it.

https://store.speedtree.com/store/al..._desktop_pack/

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                          X