Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with upgrading V7 handdrawn models to V8

Dear Speedtree team,

I have troubles upgrading handdrawn speedtree 7 models to version 8, opening the models is fine, but when I click the upgrade button selecting the trunk it basicly destroys the model. Is that an issue with handdrawn trees and how do I fix that?

Hi,

Hand-drawn trees are similar to node edits. It is locked to that particular generator and randomizing of upgrading the hand-drawn portion will over-ride it. Upgrading basically switches the legacy generator with the newer v8 generators and transfers the properties the best it can. You can load and still use your hand-drawn v7 tree in the v8 modeler, however, you won't be able to upgrade that generator to the newer v8 generators.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Sonia,

but without upgrading the generators I cannot generate LODs in Speedtree 8 for that model correct?

Comment

Hi,

If your trunk is hand drawn and the rest procedurally generated, then you can just select all the generators except for the Trunk generator and upgrade those. That was the LOD will work on everything but the Trunk.

Comment

Working...
        X