Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imposing a Meshcluster on a Meshcluster but keeping the Mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imposing a Meshcluster on a Meshcluster but keeping the Mesh?

Dear Speedtree team,

I have a little problem with imposing meshclusters, I created a trunkgenerator with some big branches from which I only use the spines and set a frawn on top which holds a branch meshcluster totaling in 432 tris, but in order to impose the 2nd meshcluster with the leaves I need to define anchor points, however by doing so the original shape of the bare bush as created by the spines of the branches and the frawn is changed to the leaf cards which reduces the frawn to 48 tris. I try to keep everything as low poly as possible, but how can I keep the original shape and still add the meshcluster on top of it?

Hi,

By adding the Leaf generator on top of the Fronds, this will automatically increase the triangle count. You also have a lot of anchor points set for the leaves. You can either decrease how many leaves grow from the Fronds or you can create a Leaf Cluster of the branches and leaves together.
    Here is a link to our tutorial on how to make Clusters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIR6...index=2&t=201s

Also, you mentioned that Fronds were being removed when the leaves were added, this would be caused by Collision. You can go to the Frond generator's 'Collision' group and set the 'Style' to 'Nothing. This is basically turning collision off on that generator.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Hi,

I have the collision disabled, I doubt it would do the pathfinding any good, as for the model, I ment that the fronds have a "default" mesh which is based on the large twigs spine, but in order to have the leavecluster spawn leaves on the twigscluster, I need to create a 2D mesh and add the anchor points, thus the shape of the twigcluster is altered when it is assigned. I wondered if there is a construction layout, where you could retain the original frawn mesh and add a 2nd cluster on top of it.

Comment

Hi,

The default Frond mesh is just one that we procedurally create and you can control the segment counts. However, when you create a cutout mesh, you have control how many triangles it is and how it is shaped. You then can still apply the Frond -> 'Shape' properties to it. You may need to add enough triangles on your mesh to get a better shape and fiddle with the 'Shape' properties to see what works best..

Comment

Ok, thank you for clarification.

Comment

Working...
          X