Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you approach making gloss and subsurface maps for leaves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you approach making gloss and subsurface maps for leaves?

Hello, I haven't used speedtree in a long while and am currently using it for some trees to export to UE4 scene. I looked at some of the sample trees to see what maps I'd need for my leaves, and realized I've never really used a gloss or subsurface map before. I will be using photoshop to deal with my leaf scans and know how to deal with all the maps just not those two - what's the basic workflow to get at least basic gloss and SS maps? Feels like I've looked high and low on google but couldn't find much apart from the basic ST documentation page. Any help is much appreciated!

Hi,

There are may ways to make the PBR textures.
    Our process for making textures is more complicated and wouldn't work in your case.

So I would suggest googling how to make PBR textures, there are many tutorials or sites that walk you through the process. Also, there are a few plugins for Photoshop that will help you make these textures.
    Here is a link to our documentation page about our textures: http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...kcmaterialspbr

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X