Speedtree 8 dark shadows/AO in Unity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree 8 dark shadows/AO in Unity

I have an issue with shadows or AO or maybe something else that's causing Speedtree 8 textures to appear very dark in Unity, I did not encounter this with the version 7 models. The left Model in the picture is from speedtree8, the right one is how it is suppose to look like, based on a 3ds model for comparison. Since I did retry it dozens of times with different models and settings, googled up and down, I'm out of ideas, that's something I expect to work out of the box to be honest. Could you please enlighten me? Edit: I also tried using a complete white AO with factor 2 which seems to be max. it only has a minimal effect in unity.
    Last edited by Harjawalda; 07-11-2019, 07:29 PM.

I have made a comparison between a Speedtree 7 export and a Speedtree 8 export with the same model and textures. I added a white AO for 8 and gave it quite bright settings as seen in the screenshot, yet in Unity it is still much darker than its Speedtree 7 version. I looked at your default models, documentation and everything else, I cannot find the issue or if I'm making an error. Please assist.

Comment

Hello, What version of Unity are you using? How is your lighting built, is this a default scene?

Comment

Hi, I'm currently on Unitybuild 2019.1.7f1, the first post was from my project, the 2nd is a default scene with directional non baked light, no realtime lightmap, although I tried baking, enviro asset lighting etc in my project. The backside is even darker than the front.

Comment

Thanks, I'll run some tests to look into this. Is the asset you're using from our store or one of your own?

Comment

Both assets described are made by myself, if you like I can provide them. The tree was made in version 7 the grass in version 8. I have these issues with all models that where either made in version 8 or I imported/exported in version 8.

Comment

Harjawalda yes, please "save with assets" into a new folder, zip that folder, and email us your model(s) to support@speedtree.com so we can get a closer look what might be causing this.

Comment

Hi, as requested I have sent you 2 examples.

Comment

Working...
                X