Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fronds don't line up/connect with branch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fronds don't line up/connect with branch.

Hello!
    I'm new to speed tree and was following the SpeedTree Modelling a Tree For Games tutorial when I got to this bit.
    https://youtu.be/S_-HOFEhsg8?t=513

I was using the same cluster material and unlike hers, my fronds didn't line up with the parent branches and sort of float off center. I was looking around in the settings and even when I change the frond boundary to 0 it STILL floats. I'm a bit lost haha.

In the screenshot I have the little branches and the fronds shown, but ultimately would change the little branches to spline only.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Hi Tulra!
    Frond boundary does indeed need to be set to 0 but your mesh itself needs to be created with the pivot point directly on the tip of the branch. After you've added a material, hit the "edit" in the meshes bar and use the mesh cutout tool to create your frond shape.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahScruggs View Post
      Hi Tulra!
      Frond boundary does indeed need to be set to 0 but your mesh itself needs to be created with the pivot point directly on the tip of the branch. After you've added a material, hit the "edit" in the meshes bar and use the mesh cutout tool to create your frond shape.
      Thanks so much! That seems to have done the trick!

Comment

Working...
      X