Billboards not generated correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billboards not generated correctly

I'm new to the speedtree modeler, so if this is something simple, I apologize.

I loaded the desktop_conifer, and randomized the settings to create a second tree, and saved it. The tree works good, except the billboards generated with a random purple background, instead of a nice mip-appropriate background. So they turn purple when the billboards display. I've uploaded the original file, and what the billboard atlas looks like after I've saved it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Original:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Conifer_Desktop_Atlas_Billboards.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	3358

My Export:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Conifer_Desktop_Atlas_Billboards_New.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	3357

Note: I am using the Mac version of the modeler.
    Last edited by jaimi; 03-16-2016, 08:23 PM.

Yikes, that indeed does not look good. Which product and version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Croft View Post
      Yikes, that indeed does not look good. Which product and version are you using?
      It's "SpeedTree Modeler V7.1.4 (Unity Subscription Edition)" for OS X.

Comment

Hello,

I can't seem to reproduce this error. On which mac model are you running this, and with what graphics card?

Is it just this tree, or is it any tree that causes it?

Comment

Hello,

I can't seem to reproduce this error. On which mac model are you running this, and with what graphics card?

Is it just this tree, or is it any tree that causes it?
          It's an iMac "late 2013" with an nVidia geforce GTX 780M with 4GB. I'm using the latest nVidia driver (346.03.05f02).

That was the tree that came with Unity. I'll try to duplicate it, and try one of the trees from the store.

Comment

Originally posted by jaimi View Post
            It's an iMac "late 2013" with an nVidia geforce GTX 780M with 4GB. I'm using the latest nVidia driver (346.03.05f02).

That was the tree that came with Unity. I'll try to duplicate it, and try one of the trees from the store.

I'm able to duplicate the problem with every tree I export. it appears that whatever is rendering the billboard atlas is putting random junk in the transparent pixels (looks like uninitialized memory).

Comment

Hrmm. We're not seeing that here. Do all the atlas textures have junk or just the color map?

Comment

Hrmm. We're not seeing that here. Do all the atlas textures have junk or just the color map?
                It's only the Billboards and Billboards_normal atlases. Everything else looks fine.

Comment

Working...
                X