Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding Flares twist

Hi

Im using Speedtree for Unity. I want to twist my trunk like in this video at 00.10. But I cannot find the Flare tab among my menus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYINDkWBs4

Any advices?

/Erik

Hi Erik,

In this video, the tree is being built using our new SubD feature. I am unsure if you wish to build a subD version of a tree or a tree using our normal geometry. I will instruct you how to get the rolled flares for both versions.

In the SubD version, right click in the generation editor, go to 'Add Geometry' -> 'Subdivision' -> 'Cage and Trunk'. There will be groups of properties to edit the tree on the left hand side of your screen, just find the group called 'Branches' with a sub-group called 'Flares'. There will be a set of controls that will allow you to add/control the flares of your tree. You can roll said flares using the 'Twist' property.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flare2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	3045
    As for the non-subD tree, just right click in the generation editor, go to 'Add Geometry' -> 'Trunks' -> 'Standard'. In the properties window on the left hand side, there will be a group called 'Branches' with a sub-group names 'Flares'. Here you will add your flares, however, to get the twisting flares, you will need to go to the 'Spine' group and increase the 'Roll' value while using the blue curve to control where the roll takes place. In the image below, I show how I set the blue curve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flare1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3046

Hope this helps!

Comment

Perfect! Thx a lot for a detailed answer!

Comment

Working...
      X