Unity + Speedtree 8.4.1, no lightmap UVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity + Speedtree 8.4.1, no lightmap UVs

I know I am missing something and hope someone can help me out! I've gone through the steps SpeedTree has on their documentation (http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...rendering_mode) and am not having any success.

One of the main things I am missing is the actual Lightmap UV window that is supposed to pop up in the lower left corner. I've made an image with all the things I couldn't locate from the documentation.

Essentially I can't locate a lot of the features the documentation talks about.

hope you can help!

I split my giant image up because it was getting down rezzed too much.

Comment

Hi Danas,
      You can reach that preview by heading to "view" >"lightmap". On each generator, head to properties > all > lightmap in a modeler that allows for lightmap editing. Unity does not currently use lightmaps, so that render mode is disabled in the SpeedTree for Unity subscription modeler.
      Last edited by SarahScruggs; 08-19-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up SarahScruggs
        Dang, I am using mixed lighting in my outdoor scene in Unity (realtime shadows up close that blend to baked at a certain distance). Our shadow distance is relatively close to maintain 60 frames/sec so there is a very noticeable pop to no shadows.

Do you have a suggestion how other teams have gotten around this?

Comment

or can I roll back to a previous version of speedtree in order to get lightmaps?

Comment

Hi Danas, If you're subscribed, the v7 SpeedTree for Unity subscription would be in your downloads. Any trees saved with version 8 are not backward compatible, however.

Comment

Dang! Do you know if there are any plans to get lightmapping working for the Unity modeller?

Thanks for you help, too

Comment

Working...
              X