Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTree v8, UE4 wind discrepancies

Hello

I'm using SP subscription UE4 ,8.4.1 and 'Date Palm' tree v7.
    I've checked anything I'm aware of, watched the tutorials how to export to UE4 and did exactly the same.

in UE4 I get wrong wind direction , upward wind!
    I used other palm like sample palm tree, look fairly fine, not competently but not horrible as Date Palm tree.

1- why wind quality and speed in UE4 is different from SP? ( the quality of UE4 speed tree node is set to 'palm' ).
    2- why It is completely wrong direction .
    3- is this due to v7 trees not being upgraded in ST8? ( suggestion)

thank you in advance

hi

It's just me having this problem?

Comment

Hey haAranoos: sorry for the delay on our response; our support staff is on hand Monday through Friday 9 am to 6 pm (EST) (excluding federal holidays)

After some initial testing, this appears to be a bug. We'll log it and work on fixing what might be going wonky. (For future reference in our testing, what version of UE4 are you using?)

For now, we'd recommend downloading the v7 modeler and saving the individual models you plan to use with assets in individual content folders (importing them all in the same folder sometimes confuses the texture hookup in UE4 so it's better to keep them separate). I was able to bring the model I saved out from the v7 modeler with operational wind in my test in UE4 22.3.
      (The v7 modeler should be available in your downloads along with the latest version of v8)

We hope this helps!

Comment

I'm using UE4 4.23.
        thank you very much.

Comment

Just want to chime in here and say this problem is still occurring in UE 4.23, Speedtree Modeler 8.4.1...Leaves are going straight up with palm tree and other treess

Comment

Hey bfgames & @haAranoos: the fix for this bug will be available in the next build of the SpeedTree modeler (8.4.2). We apologize for the inconvenience!

Comment

Awesome, just in time for me to test cause I wanted to pick up a sub soon to begin designing...thank you for the update! KatLeeHong

Comment

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. Is there an ETA for the 4.2 release? Or is it possible to get a build of speed tree where palms did work? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi, I'm new to speed tree. Other trees are working fine but the palm tree is messed up. I was recommending it to a client and need to build a beach scene in Unreal. Is this going to be fixed soon? Thanks!

Comment

Hi again, FYI, for me it's also happening with all palm tree models I have bought from the store. Not just one model. Thanks

Comment

We'll be releasing the next build sometime next week; Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Hi there, ok thanks so much. Really need it for a job where I'm recreating Venice Beach. Every other palm tree on the Epic Market Place just isn't good enough. Speedtree for me is the most realistic when they work. My scene is looking great but the palm trees I currently have really let it down. It would be great timing if you could get an update out this week. Thanks again for trying to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Comment

Please PM me when it's out. Thanks again!

Comment

Hi haAranoos (and everyone else in the thread!) The 8.4.2 build is now available! Exporting out of the latest should fix the wind issue you've been having with the palms!

Please let us know if you need anything else. Thank you for your patience!

Comment

Hi Kat, thats great news! Will check it out and let you know how I get on. Thanks for sorting this issue out. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X