Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question before buying. ( I sent a few emails no replies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question before buying. ( I sent a few emails no replies)

Hi, I sent a few emails in the past two months and got no replies, so I figured as a last chance effort to post here.

As a long time game developer, I used to use ST, but now a days, I now own my own company, but we also sell our work as well..

Does any version of ST, like indie or other versions for game development allow us to sell the stuff we make?

and does any of the versions allow us to edit for game play mechanics, such as editing the mesh for tree chopping, (NOT just falling trees)

Thanks for any info.

I noticed the new indie version.

Question about the indie version, after the 1 year, is that a sub or can we use after the year, like most software, or does this expire? most software like Modo Substance we still can use the software, even if we don't continue yearly cost. We just don't get updates Or is this 1k per year, and after the one year the software is no longer able to use.?

Hi Recon : looking at our support email history, we sent you two responses in October, though sometimes our replies go to your junk/spam email folders and are missed. Sorry about the inconvenience! I will provide the response sent to you below:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Games Indie is $999 per seat per year. You would need to renew that license if you wanted to have access to the software, but assets you make and export into a game engine would still be accessible to you regardless. Please note that per our EULA, assets may not be resold or distributed except within a licensed commercial production like a video game.

I understand if our licensing model and your needs do not match, but I wish you and your team the best of luck."

Please let us know if you need anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by KatLeeHong View Post
      Hi Recon : looking at our support email history, we sent you two responses in October, though sometimes our replies go to your junk/spam email folders and are missed. Sorry about the inconvenience! I will provide the response sent to you below:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Games Indie is $999 per seat per year. You would need to renew that license if you wanted to have access to the software, but assets you make and export into a game engine would still be accessible to you regardless. Please note that per our EULA, assets may not be resold or distributed except within a licensed commercial production like a video game.

I understand if our licensing model and your needs do not match, but I wish you and your team the best of luck."

Please let us know if you need anything else!
      Odd, I do business with a lot of others, I didn't get anything from you guys. I check spam as well. .

Thanks for the reply regardless. but may want to see what is going out there. on your guys end. I deal with a lot of others, and had the same email about 20 years. and never had any issues. ( Not saying you didn't email, but there clearly is a problem.

No 1k a year and its force to renew is a Sub only models, something that I won't do as there is no investment there for a indie/company or solo developer.

Also, you didn't answer my question, about selling you just sent me to your EULA.. so clearly the indie is useless......your're better of subbing monthly..as your software is the same as it always has been, limited... .we can't use to make mechanics with tree, plants, or edit anything... or we can't sell our work...

Sad because Freelancers and contractors for the gaming industry has grown in the last 5 or so years, I been a game developer for over 20 + and you guys seem to be not interested....you seem to be only interested in AAA, or hobbist. the rest of us are left out.. and yes many, and many developers talk about this in the community and look else where.

well, we will continue using the software we use...

Many other developers look else where, that is ashame..

we see no difference between subbing Unity,.Unreal or your new so called Indie Sub version... disappointing.. This is our feed back, not that you guys are interested.. This is talked about widely in the gaming community. These two issues....

Good Luck to ST.
      Last edited by Recon; 11-16-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X