Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient occlusion when exporting as *.fbx

Hello again!

My trees are using vertex RGB adjusted in SpeedTree for other in-game functions, and I am not sure how to include the computed ambient occlusion with the *.fbx export (SpeedTreev8.4 indie for games).

I'm wondering if there are any other options to put AO info with the exported trees (that isn't vertex RGB colour; for example, vertex alpha channel)?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

A game FBX includes the RGB vertex color in a channel called "color". It also includes the branch blending amount and AO in a channel called "blend_ao", and the lighmap uv, if applicable, in "lightmap". These come in different ways in different apps, sometimes as a color and sometimes as a texcoord. So, all the information should be in there for you to use.

Hope this helps

Comment

Greg Croft Thank you so much for your reply!

I managed to find the blend_ao UV Set
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ao_blend.png
Views:	304
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	7926

But I'd like to ask a few more questions to confirm my understanding of what is being stored in the UV coordinates

1. I assume that V value (vertical 0~1) represents the AO value (0 = black ~ 1 =white), is this correct?
      2. If U value (horizontal 0~1) is the branch blending amount, how do I utilise these values in my tree shaders? For examples, if 0 = blend, and 1 = no blending at all, what is the conventional way to use these numbers?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X