Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about exporting Speedtree skeletons

Hello,

I'm using SpeedTree Modeler v8.3.0 (UE4 Subscription Edition) to create assets to use in Unreal. However I would like to make the foliage interactive with a player, and what I would like is to have a skeleton; for instance, having bushes that would shake as the player brushes against it.

What would I need to get a skeleton out of SpeedTree? A different version of the software that I'm using? And if so, which version?

I really like the modeler I'm using now.

Much thanks,

Jason

Hello,
    You're going to want to look at some of our other licensing options to work with bones. All of our store trees are preset with bones that you can edit in a 3rd party software. Your workflow here can vary quite a bit but when you export out to edit a tree in a 3rd party software, you'd loose SpeedTree's wind animation and build in LOD's when you bring your tree back into unreal. We'd be happy to give you some more info on SpeedTree games if you want to email us at [email protected]

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the info. What licensing option would I need to have bones exported? I wouldn't be using a 3rd party software to edit anything. I would be using Unreal to manipulate the 'boned' bush as a Blueprint asset that replaces the normal Speedtree file when the player is close, so you can interact with it.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

Working...
      X