Spine export questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spine export questions

I'm using SpeedTree Modeler v8.0.2 (Cinema Edition), and I'm exporting trees as FBX files with the branch spines. I have a few questions that might not be possible, but thought I'd ask anyway:
    - Is it possible to connect the branch curves all the way back to the main trunk curve?
    - Is it possible to export curves for more-than-the-main branches? (even down to the individual leaf?)

I'm also curious if the UVs have any control to not overlap upon export as well.

Hello,

Is it possible to connect the branch curves all the way back to the main trunk curve
    The branch spines are the center of each branch. When you have welding on, the branch gets moved out and geometry is welded to the parent. That is why there is a gap to the child spine, because the child is actually starting out there. If you turn off welding, your spines will touch their parent's spine.

Is it possible to export curves for more-than-the-main branches?
    All branches have a spine. But spines are only exported up to the hierarchy level you are exporting. The geometry after that is merged together. If you raise the hierarchy value during export, you will get more and more spines.

http://docs8.speedtree.com/modeler/d...cmesh#group_by

Leaves don't have spines, but you could create leaves with branches and fronds instead. Be warned though, this could create hundreds of thousands of spine objects in the file, which will impact the time it will take to open the resulting file.

if the UVs have any control to not overlap upon export as well
    If you tick the box to unwrap UVs in the export dialog, you will be presented with an additional dialog to control making an atlas/udim of the exported geometry.

Comment

Working...
    X