No announcement yet.

Billboard is not correct,which cause the tree in UE4 is black.......I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billboard is not correct,which cause the tree in UE4 is black.......I need help

the first texture is billboard which i made for a pine.It look likes correct.
    the second texture is billboard which i made for a peach flower tree.It is black
    So in UE4 it look likes uncorrect.
    I NEED HELP. Did I make some mistake?So cause this problem?
    Last edited by LittleStar; 01-21-2021, 05:20 AM.

Hello,

I believe you are seeing 2 different problems.

The reason you have black in your billboard texture is most likely because your leaf texture is not streaked. That is, the background of your leaf texture (the part where it is transparent) is probably black. Due to mipmapping, that black will creep in on the edges as you get further away from the tree. So when the billboard map is made, it finds the colors on the very edges and streaks them, resulting in dark/black colors. To fix, make sure to paint the transparent parts of your texture as well. You can either do a real dilate or streaking filter, or just paint close to the same color as the leaves. This should fix the billboard texture.

Your billboard mesh in UE4 looks like you don't have vertex processing on in the material. The SpeedTreeBillboard node will fade out the faces of the mesh that aren't facing the camera. Without that, faces that are facing away from the light will probably be dark since their normals point that direction. Just be sure when you import the SpeedTree to allow material creation with vertex processing.

Hope this helps

Comment

As the pictures see, I use the same flower texture to make two trees. I think the texture is no problem. But I can see some black things in the second tree. I use red arrow to mark it. Could u please help me to find what is it? How can I fix this issue?
      Attached Files

Comment

Your billboard mesh in UE4 looks like you don't have vertex processing on in the material. The SpeedTreeBillboard node will fade out the faces of the mesh that aren't facing the camera. Without that, faces that are facing away from the light will probably be dark since their normals point that direction. Just be sure when you import the SpeedTree to allow material creation with vertex processing.

snaptube vidmate
        Last edited by hjlyil; 02-22-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X