Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batched leaf LOD problem

Hi guys,

I just started using speedtree and I have run into a problem with the LODs of the batched leaf generator. I have set a low, medium, and high mesh in the material mesh tab and given the mesh a name (leaf cutout), however, when I select that in the properties tab of the batched leaf generator, I only have the square leaf cards as meshes showing up and the polycount stays the same in all LODs. If I select any or primary I get a mesh, but the polycount still stays the same in all LODs.

When I export my tree to unreal, I get only the detailed LOD of the leaves. If I move further away the leaves disappear because I guess those LODs are empty? I tried remaking the tree with the leaf mesh generator instead and then the different LODs work, but I think the leaves look better in the batched leaf generator.

I hope someone can help me out! I added a screenshot of the mesh material tab and properties in case there is a really obvious setting that I have missed

Hello,
    If you right click the batched leaves, use the covert to "leaf mesh" for LOD's. On each leaf, you'll want to adjust the curve to linear decay in properties>lod so that the mesh can lower in count as you set the LOD's.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahScruggs View Post
      Hello,
      If you right click the batched leaves, use the covert to "leaf mesh" for LOD's. On each leaf, you'll want to adjust the curve to linear decay in properties>lod so that the mesh can lower in count as you set the LOD's.
      Thank you so much Sarah!!! That worked perfectly Looks like I indeed missed something basic!

Comment

you'll want to adjust the curve to linear decay in properties>lod so that the mesh can lower in count as you set the LOD's.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
        Last edited by hjlyil; 02-22-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X