Speedtree 9 UV Areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtree 9 UV Areas

Hello, I've been playing with Speedtree 9 for a bit and came across UV areas. I created UV areas but have no idea how to map a generator to that UV area. Any help or info relating to UV areas would be appreciated!

Still no response, that's a shame . Anything at all would be very helpful.

Comment

Sorry godstepson! Have you had a chance to check our docs page on version 9 UV areas: https://docs9.speedtree.com/modeler/...iling#uv_areas

We started to draft a reply on support a week ago but got swept up in our day-to-day tasks. We'll try to send a more detailed response soon!

Comment

Woohoo yay thank you this is fantastic!!!

Comment

Wanted to post this response from support here to add on to this thread!
          The uv cutout editor is for two workflows:

.1. You're working from an atlas with a bunch of different barks in it.

2. You're working from an atlas with a bunch of different barks in it and you'd like to tile sections of it like patchwork up and down the tree.

The uv cutout: https://docs9.speedtree.com/modeler/...=tooluv_editor
          is the tool for cutting out areas of the bark. You can add as many areas as you need.

In the material assignment for branch you can see a button for "{whole map, anywhere}. select the uv cutout desired here.

If you want to stack tiles (you don't care about seams in the bark and just want to use a patchwork of several spots along the atlas) you can use the branch properties>UV>Tiling>Style to select 0-1 patches. You can assign them to use specific tiles, or all the tiles you've cut out.

Comment

Very helpful thanks Sarah .

Comment

i am not getting this area option in the properties tab, what should i do?

Comment

For anyone that still has issues ​with this.
                You first need to change Tiling Style from "Tiling" to "0-1 patches"
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	33
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	12287

Comment

Working...
                X